How to Fix Sound or Audio Problems?
Before the Class
Troubleshooting Check List.
- Is your microphone or speaker are on mute? Check by clicking the speaker icon (found in the taskbar) and ensure that the mute indication (Speaker with red x ) isn’t present.
- Kindly double-check the ports of your speakers if they are connected well. Remember pink or red are usually for microphone and green or black are for speakers.
- Check also if your audio system requires power and if that is plugged in and turned on. Check the physical volume control.
- You can also check some troubleshooting by going to the Tools and Support page.
Troubleshooting on Zoom or Skype
Zoom for PC:
Click here. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362283-Testing-computer-or-device-audio
Zoom for Android/iOS:
Click here https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/204484835-My-Audio-is-Not-Working-on-iOS-or-Android
- Most of these troubles happen on the first day of the class.
- Before the class starts, make sure that your audio works on your end.
- Better show this page to the student and play the video (Enable Share Sound on Zoom).
- This is for the student to listen to the song if their audio is properly set.
- Also, use gestures as the student most likely they cannot hear you.