Announcement : Asia-America Gateway
We would like to inform you that Asia-America Gateway will be performing emergency maintenance activities on their subsea international cable systems starting September 25, 2020 at 8:00 a.m +8GMT to September 30, 2020 at 5:00 a.m +8GMT.
The AAG cable system (Asia-America Gateway) is the first transpacific submarine cable system linking South East Asia directly with the USA, provides connectivity between Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Brunei Darussalam, Vietnam, Hong Kong SAR, Philippines, Guam, Hawaii and the US West Coast.
- PLDT and Smart announced that it has “enough capacity” to serve internet needs of Filipinos.
- Sky Cable Corp yesterday warned its fiber home internet customers that slow connection will be expected due to this maintenance activities.
- Globe Telecom has assured that their customer will not be affected.
- Converge ICT posted on their Facebook page that their subscribers will not be affected.
CIP Online 1 – Slow Internet Procedure
- For Students: Kindly check the status of your teachers on our status page.
- For Teachers: Kindly update your status on our teacher’s portal.
Contingency for Slow Internet Connection
- Ask the student to turn off the camera and see if the class performance becomes better.
- If the issue persists, either turn off the shared-screen or the teacher’s camera whichever the less inconvenience.
- Try to use other LTE Services such as Globe or Smart.
- For teachers – If all of these steps are followed and the class is not productive, kindly send a report to the group and schedule a makeup class as soon as possible
For any concerns, our support line is open.